Hello friends! Let’s talk about fall trends 🍂 If you’re living in areas further north from the equator, you’re most likely talking about fall fashion on a regular basis. However, for the rest of us further south, or in my case in the tropics, fall trends might not be as appealing because of our warmer climates. Today, I’ve styled a couple of looks that are trending this fall but still wearable in warmer countries. I hope this gives you an idea on how you can incorporate some of the latest trends this season into your daily #ootds!
Trend #1 – Power Suiting
Power suiting is major right now. Just scroll through any fashion magazines or search through your Instagram feed and you’ll see fashionistas and influential entrepreneurs stepping out in suits. With more women around the world voicing out on important matters of the world, you also see a shift in their sense of style. Fashion is definitely a form of expression and power suiting is a style statement for women to represent their empowerment. Women are challenging the norm and we can all look to these inspiring women for some fashion inspiration and also personal growth.
How you can wear your power suit for warmer climates:
- Keep the blazer light. Always look for cotton material or anything that is breathable for a hot weather.
- If you’re power suiting for work, go for colors that are more appropriate such as navy blue, blush pink, or anything neutral.
- To style it up, go for pops of color.
- Make sure that the rest of your outfit is also breathable. Here, I’m wearing a black top and bottom but both are of very thin material. This keeps me feeling cool throughout the day.
- If you want to go full blast with this trend, try monochrome suits. Red, pink and electric blue are colors that will definitely make you stand out from the crowd!
Trend #2 – Moody Florals
Yes, we are bringing florals into fall/winter! Florals are popular during the warmer months. But this time around, the moody florals are trending this fall. What exactly are moody florals?? These are floral prints with darker tones. It gives off a more mysterious vibe rather than the sweet cheerful summer florals.
How can you wear this?
- Look for floral prints that are spaced out evenly to avoid looking cluttered.
- Go for pieces that are suitable for your climate. An example would be my playsuit below. These are shorts, so they’re warm weather appropriate. Also, the material is really thin, so it is very breathable.
Boots: Tony Bianco
Trend #3 – Athleisure Chic
Ok, this trend is wearable regardless of your city’s temperature. Let’s face it, we all have our lazy days! Athleisure is a word you hear thrown around way too much these days. But let’s get real.. this trend is amazing! There’s a reason why it has become such a hit. This style of dressing is extremely comfortable. I love the athleisure look especially when I’m traveling. One of my best tip to stay chic whilst traveling is this trend right here. Pair your joggers or track pants with a fitted top for a more put together look.
What do you guys think of the athleisure trend??
Top: Forever New
Trend #4 – Sock Boots
Thanks to Yeezy, the sock boot trend is going wild! Although in SS18 shows, we do see designers sending models down the runway in pretty socks and heels – definitely a trend for the warmer months. As most fashion cities are heading into winter months, the booties are here to stay.
So what do you do when you don’t have the luxury to wear fall/winter outfits?
Wear your booties with a cute playsuit! To be honest, I find that the sock boots are wearable with almost anything. They cut off just above the ankles and so it won’t be too hot to wear them in warmer climates.
If you want it to be a little more casual, try styling these boots with denim shorts or a good pair of jeans that cut off just above the ankle.
So, that was my take on how to style fall trends for warmer climates. Let me know what you guys think of these trends in the comment section below!